Sr. Database Administrator & Database Administrator - Job Description
Govt. Sector (Contract Base) in Mohali
Designation :- Sr. Database Administrator & Database Administrator
Qualification:- (B.E. / B.Tech. / MCA) in (IT / Computer Science / Electronics) from recognized university or institution with minimum 60% in aggregate
Experience:- 1 to 9 Years+
Skill proficiency:- • Hands on experience with PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Mysql\MariaDB.
• Knowledge of Oracle, NOSQL databases will be added advantage.
• Hands on experience in database installation and parameter configuration.
• Should have knowledge of high availability across different database platforms.
• Hands on experience with PostgreSQL failover cluster, repmgr, pgpool-II and pgbouncer.
• Good knowledge of backup and restoration.
• Handling developers queries like performance issues/ Server builds/ migrations.
• Working with the application team for capacity management/ Server builds according to the Application usage.
• Performance tuning of database systems using query explain plans or enabling traces using sql profiler.
• Enabling slow log query parameters to find slow queries, find deadlocks and blocking at database level.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
• Knowledge of linux and basics of bash and shell scripting.
• Knowledge of database auditing.
• Having knowledge on MS SQL Server/2000/ 2005/2008 and 2012 DBMS.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server/Postgre SQL
Salary:- 25000 to upto 2Lac